Monday, June 11, 2007

That Tree!

The Tree of Life is really kicking me... I'm still not finished with it and I know I stitched a good fours on it today.
There are a lot of colour changes as you finish each tree-borne motif -- and i worked on the serpent, too.
It's seems never-ending -- like that damn cloud!

I also discovered, much to my utter horror and chagrin, that I am almost out of the GAST Gold Leaf and Sable. Not good -- no way the dye lots will be the same.

Actually, I'm going to look over the chart and see if either of those colours get used again anywhere. If not, I won't bother re-ordering. If so, I'll be calling Elegant Stitch!

I've finally decided to do the squirrel at the base of tree over-one. That will bring it down to a much better size and allow me to place it a bit differently.

Still trying to decide about the floss colour for the alphabet. Needle Necessities offers a colour called Coventry Garden -- and I may use it since greens are used so profusely within the sampler anyway. Of course... some of the NN reds are just killer, too.

I still can't believe I buckled down and have almost completed page one of ATS. It's been a WIP for so long... too long... There is a light at the end of this tunnel.

All-in-all, it was a nice weekend. Mike and I spent a few hours with our DD on Saturday -- just cruisin' the yard sales and having lunch. Mike serenaded us with the 12-string Saturday evening (although... he played while the Braves were on and that was a bit distracting.

My Braves beat the Cubs on Saturday and today. That's good news -- we were in a heckuva slump last week!
Next week we start Inter-league play -- which I really hate. Take note, Bud Selig, your days as Commissioner are numbered!

Oh well, it's 2:40 a.n. and I really need to try to go to sleep. Busy day tomorrow -- I gotta finish that tree!

No comments: