Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Mini Book Review: Knit One, Kill Two

It's a nasty, drizzly, COLD day today. So, I decided to finish up the new book I'm reading. It's called Knit One, Kill Two by Maggie Sefton.
It's a Knitting-themed mystery.

It's an okay mystery... leaves a bit to be desired. The descriptions are fine but the characters needed a bit more fleshing out.

I didn't care for the heroine.

Somewhere near the final 1/3 of the book, the author begins using the words "whoa" and "brother" where she'd not used them at all in the first 2/3 of the book. It was a bit jarring to say the least.

I finished the book -- not at all satisfied with it's outcome or it's tying together of the story's mysteries.

I don't think I'll buy any more in that series.

Maybe I'll try one of the foodie mysterys or maybe one about quilts. For Needlework, I'll stick with Mary Monica!

Now, I've got to get back to work on House #5... It's been calling ne this afternoon.

For some reason, I'm bogged down in all of that Burnt Orange on the house and it's just taking me forever to finish it.

I have to keep plugging away at it.

On a brighter note, I just ordered two spools of silks from Vikki Clayton. Her choice of colours as the spools are on sale.
Check it out -- her prices and her quality just can't be beat!

http://www.hand-dyedfibers.com/oscnuked/

No comments: