Saturday, July 29, 2006

An unproductive night of...

Frogging.

I've just spent the better part of two hours stitching the cloud on ATS... only to discover three lines in to it that I "over stitched" two stitches... so I had to rip out three lines and re-stitch them.

Only to discover that I'd miscounted the very TOP line... and had to rip out a total of seven finished lines. Darn good thing I have so many skeins of Pebble.

I am really livid -- I just can't believe I miscounted and mis-stitched and have it to re-do tomorrow. I am *NOT* going to try to re-do it tonight. I'm upset and will no doubt screw it up again.

I did manage to get some done things correctly, though, so it's not a total waste of time. I can actually start the "Slate" area of the cloud after I finish that one small area I flubbed tonight.

At least I know what threw me off count -- when I first started working on ATS, I moved the spears below the top large stars so that they were not off-set. They didn't look symmetrical and I didn't like the way they were placed.
Unfortunately, that threw off my counting on this area of the darn cloud.

So, tomorrow, I'll just re-count, use a marking pin to set my place, and begin anew.

But tonight... I've put my work away and I have a nice wine cooler in hand. I'm going to enjoy every single drop of it -- then I'm going to bed.

I'll probably dream about... frogs in clouds.

No comments: