Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Goodbye Ravelry

There is no place in my life for intolerance, exclusion, psychotic hatred, censorship, or divisiveness.   

These are the traits of fascists and  totalitarians.



The knitting / crochet site known as RAVELRY has chosen to walk a path that is untenable to me.

They have loudly proclaimed that ALL of us who support the President are "white supremacists".

I didn't like being called "deplorable" and I despise those whose who proclaim themselves superior to others because of the colour of their skin.

I also despise those who make themselves judge and jury over others with no evidence presented except their own self-righteous sanctimony.

I deleted my Ravelry account.  I refuse to be part of such mindless, irrational hatred.  It has no place in the crafting world and certainly no place in my life. 

It's a bitter pill, indeed, to see how much politics has divided us. More bitter still to see how it has infiltrated the world of the needle worker.

Shame on you, #Ravelry.  

Shame on you.  

You've become the very thing you claim to despise.

Terri

4 comments:

Diane said...

I love this.

Do you remember when politics came up on the TWBB? It always got heated. I forget what Teresa's policy became. But, I feel like they should either allow all opinions OR none at all.

Myra said...

BRAVO .... BRAVO!!!!

ShariAnn said...

Well said.I agree wholeheartedly!!

ShariAnn said...

Well said. I agree with you whole heartedly!