Friday, November 02, 2018

ALL SOULS DAY and a bittersweet farewell



I lit a candle and prayed my Rosary for you today.





Melba and me on my Wedding Day in 1990.
She always made me laugh -- often at the most inappropriate time.

We gently and lovingly lay her ashes beside those of her parents today.




When my mom was pregnant with me, Melba was just 2 1/2.  She patted mama's tummy and asked if she would take the baby out so could play with me.
We were playmates for 57 years.

Bittersweet... tears of sadness, joy, remembrance...

It hurts to say goodbye, so... fare thee well, Melba.  I'll see you again.

Just for you:

3 comments:

Vickie said...

Aww, Terri, I am so sorry. This is your dear sister?

Robin in Virginia said...

I am so sorry to read of Melba's passing. My thoughts and prayers are with you and those who loved her. Thinking of you.

Terri Patillo said...

VICKIE: Melba was my cousin. Her daddy and my mom are (were) brother and sister. She beat Ovarian cancer a few short years ago, but the adrenal cancer took her from us.