Friday, June 20, 2008

Starting... and Finishing...

Two years ago... I came out of a stitching slump that had lasted for several years. I'd finish one or two projects... maybe. I'd stitch a bit and put it away... I just never accomplished anything.

In November of 2005, I posted my first blog entry here. I thought, just maybe, writing about needlework would inspire to DO needlework! And it did.

I had 13 finishes in 2006. Not bad for someone who'd not really worked at it in a while.

I set a goal of 10 finishes for 2007 -- met that goal and set a new goal of 20. I met that goal in November 2007 and ended up with 26 finishes for the year.

Right now... I stand at 19 finishes. Not bad at all. I have three projects near completion. One of those, I must admit, I started just this evening!

I'm enjoying stitching now as never before. Maybe it's the fact that I switched to linen... or my new-found passion for silk... or maybe I've learned to go where the needle takes me.

I do know that I'm proud of what I've accomplished over the past couple of years. I have a small legacy of my work to hand down to my daughter -- a small piece of me and my life that she can hold in her hand.

All in all... it's lovely to be alive... lovely to be stitching... I'm very Blessed.

No comments: