Sunday, April 13, 2008

BAP Weekend.

I spent Saturday working on both Elizabeth and The Lavender Sky & And They Sinned.

E&TLS is very slow -- there are a lot of colour changes and a few scattered stitches. I think I put in about 2 hours and my head was reeling. Too many years of samplers, small designs, and pieces without huge blocks of solid stitching. I love the piece, don't get me wrong, but I am so out of practice (and patience) with this type of project.

I have a feeling that this Mirabilia will be my last.

Now, later in the evening, I picked up And The Sinned for the first time in several months. I finished the grass under Adam, Eve, and the Tree of Life. So, I am firmly on Page Two now.

I'm looking at that Alphabet on Page Two and considering a really pretty variegated red from Needle Necessities that I bought a few years ago.

I've changed so many colours on this piece -- I wish I'd kept track of what I changed and what I didn't!

I have to admit, I also wish I'd known about Vikki Clayton's silks when I started this project. I definitely would've used silk rather than cotton. Not a mistake I'll make on any other large pieces.

I'll post a couple of photos later -- I hope. I'm trying to decide whether to try to tackle E&TLS again today... or leave it until tomorrow and work on ATS for a while and then...
pick up where I left off on Houses of Hawk Run Hollow. I "think" I'm on House #3... I think.
Give you an idea of how long it's been?

I have to keep up with the BAPs or I'll never get them done.

The Deadliest Catch marathon is in full swing and my Atlanta Braves play at 1:30. Good day to Stitch!

No comments: