Friday, February 08, 2008

SBQ: Are there other crafts that you have tried and abandoned? Why do you like stitching better?

Are there other crafts that you have tried and abandoned? Why do you like stitching better?

I tried sewing and knitting -- thanks to my sister, Beth -- but abandoned both. Beth is good at these things. Me, not so much!

I still Crochet occassionally -- working on an afghan for my DD.

I did a lot of painting in College -- with acrylics. I still like to paint but really don't think of it often.

Embroidery has had it's moments with me as well. I used to love to embroider on my jeans when I was in Junior High. Being a teen in the 1970s... it was almost a requirement!

Cross Stitch is my one true craft-love. It ties me to my ancestors in a way that other crafts do not. It gives me an outlet... a respite... a desire to create as no other craft.

Don't even get me started on how stitching with silk has changed my outlook!!

No comments: