Tuesday, January 08, 2008

My Heart's Not In It...

I've been stitching off and on today but my heart's not in it.

No... I don't know why. I'm working on projects that I like... the silk is beautiful... the lighting is perfect... and I just... don't feel like stitching.

I get that way sometimes.

I suppose, after a 26-finish year, that I'm just a bit over-whelmed with it.

I think... as long as I keep putting in a few stitches here and there, I'll be okay and won't fall into as slump as I'm wont to do. Heck, it may even be weather related as we're on some sort of weird weather roller coaster in the Deep South. 4 days ago, we had the heat on all day and it was 45 degrees outside in the sun... today it was about 72 degrees and we had the A/C going.

I worked on St. Georges for about an hour this afternoon. I'm STILL on that outside border but I'm getting close to having that part finished. I've done two of the interior motifs already. I think if I'd realized there was a lot of back stitching on this one, I may not have chosen it.

I also put about a half-hour into Knot of Friendship. I had to finally admit defeat and get Mike to go make me a working copy so that I could see it better and be able to mark my place.

Luckily for me, there are only two colours on this design. I subbed Vikki Clayton's Dragon Blood for the Celtic Knot and Inky Depths for the lettering. It's not a big project... but for some reason, it's a bit tedious to me.

Oh! I am finally starting to make a "Wish List" of designs I'd like to have. I put them on my 10 / 25 / 50 Blog:

http://stitchingontheedge.blogspot.com

I figured I may as well make a list. Lord... I do have eclectic tastes in needlework.

I spent some time re-vamping my Stitching Hour blog as well. It's mainly got a lot of Scottish-themed items on it now. Poems, songs, videos... I'll probably move all that over to a new blog soon and just delete that one, but it won't be for a while yet.

I got Mike's business blog set up earlier -- it'll do until he gets a domain name for his website. I won't be setting up the website -- that's a bit beyond me.

I'll try to get my darling daughter to take a photo of my current WIPs. I don't think I've posted any in a while. Hopefully... if I can manage a couple hours of stitching each day, I'll have a finish soon. Probably Knot of Friendship -- but you never know with me.

I'm still trying to convince myself that now is not the time to start Westwinds!

Ah, well. Time to get back to it.


No comments: