Monday, December 31, 2007

Year in Review: 2007

It's been a good year.

Oh, there were a few minor bumps here and there, but all-in-all, it really was a very good year.

Everyone is healthy. I believe that we're a fairly happy lot! :) Morgan is planning to return to dance after a two year break, my Mother has recovered from last year's illness, and Mike's new company (he likes being the owner -- says "it's good to be King!") has taken off full throttle!

As for me, it was a very productive stitching year. 26 finishes -- A personal best!

My most satisfying "finish", of course, was finally completing page one of And They Sinned. Now, I just need to work on page two. Nonetheless, I had begun to think I'd never finish any of it, so I am quite happy with that.

If anything is "unsatisfying" about my stitching year, it's the lack of progress on
Houses of Hawk Run Hollow. That's something I need to work on.

GOALS FOR 2008:

I don't have many goals (yet) for the coming year. Elizabeth and The Lavender Sky is my only "set" goal. My daughter will be 16 in August. *THUD*
This is something that I must complete. Yes, I AM starting it tomorrow! I'm just still trying to recover from the fact that my baby girl will be 16. She's taller than me now, too. And driving.
That has it's benefits, of course. Now that she's driving... I go to Mass, light prayer candles, and say my Rosary much more often.

Oh! Another goal! I'm going to stitch Bethlehem / Three Kings again! This time for my Church. I know what colourways I want... the interior of our new church is painted a warm, pale lavender with cream trim and accents. Very soothing and very inviting.

I'm going to try to keep my 10 / 25 / 50 Challenge going as well. I'm dividing it up differently, though, as I'm adding a list of Celtic / Scottish projects and the SARs (Stitch-Arounds) from my XS group. I have a lot of Celtic / Scottish - themed charts -- in fact -- I found one last night that my friend, Anne, gave to me a couple years ago. Yes, I started it. Yes, I subbed the suggested floss for Vikki Clayton's silk -- don't I always? *giggle*

I think 2008 will be an interesting year. I pray that it's a good, happy, and successful year for everyone -- in every way, not just stitching. I wish you all good health -- peace, comfort, and hope in the coming year.

G-d Bless us, everyone.

No comments: