Monday, July 31, 2006

On the edge...

I really pushed it this month. I managed to finish Flax Fields and House #1 of HoHRH. Two goals met.

I did not manage to finish Garland Fair (just slacked off here at the end) or the never-ending cloud of ATS.

I have to temper my disappointment with those failures with the joy of accomplishment.

Now, on the edge of August, I have to set my goals for the month.

That's easy enough: Finish Garland Fair, finish the cloud on ATS, finish House #2 of HoHRH.

When I've finished the easier of those three (Cloud, GF), I plan on adding A New Beginning to my rotation and finishing Miss Mary Mack.

Heaven help me.

Okay, I do have to admit that there is simply no good reason why Garland Fair isn't finished. It ought to be... there remains so little to do on it.
I could probably get on it right now and have it done by tomorrow morning.

Sometimes... it's like a "black hole" of stitching. The closer you get to the event horizon -- the slower everything becomes.

There is an old Amish saying, "The hurrier I go, the behinder I get". Truer words, folks... truer words.

And that reminds me... I started LADYBUG last night... already finished the border... so I'll start August with a quick finish. Always a good motivator!

Ah, so. Time to get off-line and go work on... something!

No comments: