Sunday, November 27, 2005

Stitching takes a holiday!

Let the countdown begin! 28 Days til Christmas!

I've got my shopping for my DD all finished but the wrapping! Frankly, I don't care if anyone else gets anything this year...

My stitching time has diminished rapidly this weekend and I've accomplished nothing. So much for ATS this week -- my road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Maybe tonight -- I hope so. The days ahead will be filled non-stop with so many other things. December has never been my best month for crossing stitches. Baking, cleaning... more baking... that's my raison d'etre at the moment.

I am resolved (isn't that a great word?) to clean out my stash this week. There are SO many things I will never, ever stitch. Why keep it? I don't think I want to play the S.A.B.L.E ! Too much stash and I never know what I want to start (or finish) next.

I have been keeping two charts back that I swear I'll do one day. They are TARA
and Scarlett in the Bar-B-Que Dress from Charles Craft. Gorgeous... but I'll never stitch them. I just won't. Will my DD? Hhhhmmmm... doubtful...

I have the ENTIRE Crossed Wing Collection -- I sincerely doubt I'll ever get around to stitching all of those, either. But I can't part with them -- they are too dear to me for several reasons. I love Backwater Woody and Loon Lake.
I'm certain that I will do those two one day.

I have a huge (and darn heavy) box of Magazines, too. Those I plan on taking to Hershey CATS, if we go. Just put them in the Stitchers' Lounge and let 'em go!
I have a few select magazines put aside -- but not too many.

After all, as long as there are thrift stores and yard sales... I will always have a source for magazines!

Ah... Mom and DD have just left to go see the new Harry Potter film... and I am going to go put needle to fabric. Think I'll put some Eric Duncan CDs in for mood music...



No comments: