Monday, October 22, 2018

Six Stitchy Things

SIX STITCHY THINGS YOU DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT ME:

1. My favourite fabric of all is Banjo Cloth. It's just a simple rustic aida but it is perfect for country / primitive designs.

If you have any to sell or trade... email me!



2. I have 40+ Crossed Wing Collection charts.  Including the Christmas Cardinals Design that is now OOP.  I've never stitched any of them. :(



3. I stitch in-hand.  I've tried Q-Snaps, frames, hoops, etc.  I just can't do it.



4. I am a reformed Linen Snob. Evenweave is my soul-mate. 

5. At last count, I've finished 169 cross-stitch pieces.  It's possible I have the same number of WIPs. 

6. I AM a silk snob. Vikki Clayton's Hand-Dyed Fibers were, and forever will be, my favourite silks.  I have dozens of skeins and spools.  I use them sparingly as there are no more to be made.



7. BONUS:  My favourite cross-stitch photos: 




Morgan Rose at her stitching!

What stitchy things do you have to share? I'd love to know!


Happy Stitching Ya'll!

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

I enjoyed reading your six things, Terri and I loved seeing your favorite cross stitch pictures.

1. I use a Q-snap because I can no longer stitch in hand except with small pieces of perforated paper.

2. I seem to be using DMC more because the dye lots of the overdyes are driving me crazy.

3. I love HDF silks and periodically use them because I want them to last forever since I was late to join.

4. I have an Instagram account so I can leave comments, but I am device-free other than my desktop computer.

5. I love stitching on 32 count vintage country mocha linen and lugana.

Hmmm, I can't think of 6!

Vickie said...

What an interesting post Terri. I love the pictures. So precious. I use a Q-snap and my lap stand exclusively. I love to stitch over one very much. I am just like Robin and am "device free". I use my laptop, that is it!