Monday, October 08, 2018

October Song




 I'll sing you my October song 
There is no song before it 
The words and tune are not my own 
My joy and sorrow bore it 

Beside the sea 
the brambly brier 
In the still of evening 
Birds fly out from behind the sun 
And with them I'll be leaving 

The fallen leaves bejewel the ground 
They know the art of dying 
And leave with joy their glad gold hearts 
In scarlet shadows lying 

When hunger calls my weary footsteps home 
The morning follows after 
I swim the seas within my mind 
The pine trees laugh green laughter 

 I met a man who's name was time 
He said "I must be going" 
But just how long ago that was 
I have no way of knowing 

Sometimes I could murder time 
When my heart is aching 
But mostly I just like to stroll along 
The path that he is taking...

No comments: