Friday, November 09, 2007

St. Georges -- an update


St. Georges -- Long Dog Samplers. This is the piece I refer to as my "Doctor's Office" project.
Because it's on an open-weave, 28 ct. linen, it's quite easy to see the holes even in a dimmer light. So, I take it with me when I'm running someone to the Doctor / Dentist.
Yesterday, it was Mom's Doctor. Rather than going inside where the lighting is less than perfect, I sat outside in the car (the weather was gorgeous -- about 68 degrees, no clouds, beautiful azure sky) and stitched.
I just kept working on it after we returned home.
This one's been a WIP for quite a while. Other things always seem to take precedence. So, I'm going to alternate a bit between St. Georges & Sonata. Maybe I can get both of them done quickly now.
I do have one more smaller project to get done -- If the broom fits -- and then I'll be done with the small stuff for a bit.
I don't believe I'm going to make ANY stitching plans / goals for December. I don't see how I'll have the time for it.
Oh well, that's okay. I've carried WIPs into the New Year many times before.
Have a great weekend, ya'll!

No comments: