Friday, May 18, 2007

Candy Box! I'm ready to start!


I've got all of the materials gathered -- and I'm ready to start stitching!
We've got a Candy Box SAL going at my MB -- and I'm a few weeks behind. But that's okay -- even stitching up just one motif a week and I'll be finished at our "due" date.
This is scheduled to be done by Saint Valentine's Day of '08. I hope so as I'd also like to have it framed by then. It is, of course, supposed to be my Valentine's gift to Mike.
This design is from the old Cross Stitch and Country Crafts Magazine (January / February 1995). I'm using 28 ct. Carnation Linen and a conversion to Vikki Clayton's silks.
It also calls for Kreinik - but I really don't like those. I'll probably use DMC Metallics instead.
Right now, I'm concentrating on our Georgia Stitchers Get-together. That's starts tonight! Sheri & Bob have flown down from NYC to be with us -- it's going to be a blast!
See ya, later!

No comments: