Tuesday, November 28, 2006

St. Georges -- a mini update


This is my "insomnia" project -- the one I work on when I can't sleep. I'll be taking it with me to the hospital today, though. My Mom's going in for a morning round of tests and I'll need something to work on.

This is stitched up on 28 ct. Raw linen using one strand of Vikki Clayton's premium silk, Holly Leaves. The colour is a nod to my Celtic (Irish / Scots) heritage.

This one stitches up fairly fast. That's only about 8 hours work you see. I really don't see this one being finished before the end of the year but I do hope to have it done by St. Patrick's Day (March 17).

When I'm out today, I plan to scour Michael's one last time for silver beads for Miss Mary Mack. If I can't find any, I'll just use the ones I found at Wally World and be done with it!

Then, it's an all-out effort to finish A New Beginning by year's end. I think that would give me 15 finished for the year... a record for me!

No comments: