Saturday, September 23, 2006

Good Question!

"How many pieces have you stitched? Out of these, how many have been for you? How many have had specialty stitches or other techniques besides cross stitch?"

How many have I stitched??? I have no idea... over one hundred and less than two hundred is my best guess.

How many have been for me? Easier to list how many I've given away... Let's see, I stitched three Tybee Lighthouses as gifts. One of those is with Mike's step-mom and one is in the Tybee Island Post Office... don't recall who got the third one. I stitched several pillows... one for Mike's DD, one for his late grandmother, a Christmas pillow for Morgan, and one for a friend.

I stitched a rose for Mike's ex-MIL and a Bellpull for my cousin... a wedding sampler for one of Mike's pals... and a free-hand sampler for one of my former co-workers and a sampler for my Mother.

I think that's it.

I stitch for me. Well, me, Morgan, and Mike.

Almost all of my work from 1996 forward has some type of specialty stitch or fibre. I rarely use DMC anymore... I like silks and over-dyes. I like specialty stitches, too. Gives each piece a bit more character and depth, I think.

Speaking of which... I have to get back to work... I have both Miss Mary Mack and Houses of Hawk Run Hollow calling to me...



No comments: