Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Aida. GRRRRRRRRRRR!

I am working on a couple of projects requiring me to stitch on aida. Plain... white... aida.

I hate the stuff.

It's stiff... I have to use the *Stab* method... Have to use q-snaps...

I hate the stuff.

I admit it -- freely -- I am a linen snob. I'll use evenweaves such as Lugana, but linen is my passion.

Aida doesn't feel right in my hands... all I want to do is hurry up and get finished with it... and I put off starting on it 'til darn near the last minute.

Having said that, though, I am also addicted to *Banjo Cloth* -- a 14 ct. fabric distributed by Regency Mills. It's a cotton / polyester / linen blend -- it's what I describe as dark country peach. I collect it -- have tons of it.

And don't have a clue why I love the stuff. I've done a couple of lighthouses on it, my 14th anniversary sampler... it's perfect for so many things. And yet, it is ostensibly, an aida cloth. Go figure.

I never used to stitch on evenweaves -- but I discovered Silkweaver's mini solos -- and I became addicted to those, too.

As you may have guessed, I am blogging about my dislike for aida as a way of putting off picking up needle and thread this fine Spring morning because I don't want to go stitch on my aida project.

Alas, I must. I have a deadline fast approaching.

Wish me luck.

No comments: