Thursday, April 05, 2007

Tybee Island Lighthouse -- first stitches






This is the Tybee Island Lighthouse that I'm stitching for my darling Mike for our 17th Anniversary in May.

I'm stitching this on 32 ct. Sunrise Lugana from Stab 'b' Stash.

I'm using Vikki's regular silk -- two over two -- and Treasure Braid for the Fresnel Lens.


The design comes from Lighthouses of the East Coast by Virginia Creekman of Tidewater Originals. The Daymark of the Tybee Lighthouse changed a few years ago -- so I had to modify the chart to reflect that change.


I also decided to use Inky Depths rather than a basic Black to give the Lighthouse more texture and depth. When you look at that lovely old Lighthouse during a Tybee Sunrise or sunset... you can pick out so many beautiful colours and shades... and I wanted to try to show that within this piece.


I know Mike is going to love it. He loves that old Lighthouse!

No comments: